Wednesday, February 15, 2017

A Day In The Park

The Mojave is a big desert and a frightening one. It’s as though nature tested a man for endurance and constancy to prove whether he was good enough to get to California.

- John Steinbeck


It's also a stunning, addictive landscape. Sometimes I just need to hike away from civilization and spend the day amongst the Joshua Trees, rocks and endless skies. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to come back.


Now that's a view. A cabin built into a rock, amongst the pinyons and junipers. With a window. I always wonder if I could have lived this life.


As the afternoon slipped away, we had to go back. Go back to the crowds that now descend on Joshua Tree National Park. But if you try, you can still slip away to find the vast quiet of the Mojave.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that is one amazing place. Too bad about the tourists, but at least you managed to find a quiet corner to explore.
    Love your photos....especially the ones of the old cabin. If only those old walls could talk, right?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I want to know the stories. That's pretty much all I ever think of when we find treasures like this. The how's and the who's and the why's.
      The tourists are steadily increasing. Not fun for the locals, but hey it is a NP.
      Thank you for taking a looksee!
      xxSheree

      Delete
  2. E V E R Y SINGLE TIME I wish I didn't have to go back!
    (Oh, the people!) haha
    In a way, I think you've always lived that way of life, in your heart that is.
    You've certainly got the spirit and the soul of a hermit slash gypsy. :))
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete