Tuesday, May 30, 2017

#I'm With The Band

May all the wild horses that roam the beautiful interior west of the United States of America be allowed to live their lives from beginning to end in the vast expanse they call home. Please stand with me and shout out #Imwiththeband! 










The above horses were found in the Egan Range west of Cherry Creek in the Great Basin of Nevada. These were WILD compared to the horses below who are used to human interaction.
























The above horse are from McCullough Peaks outside of Cody, WY. These are some of the lucky ones. They are closely monitored and have benefitted from a contraceptive program that helps regulate their growth.

Please speak out and help save our wild horses once again.

All I have to say is, #Imwiththeband!



For more information on the issue and how to help:

https://americanwildhorsecampaign.org

http://www.thecloudfoundation.org

http://www.wildhoofbeats.com

Thank you for stopping by!







5 comments:

  1. Those are some amazing photos of wild horses. I love the ones in the sage.
    These magnificent animals MUST be saved!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NV horses were a sight to behold. We were so lucky to have found them. The stallion was very protective. The band had started to come check us out and he wheeled them around and sent them back into draws and junipers. My banner on Flickr is of his little band before he sent them packing. Just got a quick glimpse. He was so awesome. He watched us warily and then kinda turned and went on his way. A sight that is deeply imbedded in my brain thank goodness. It was one of the most magical moments of my life. We do need to save them!

      Delete
    2. Oh duh....the first photo is his band!
      xx!

      Delete
  2. Yoy really love that mustang. THAT one.
    I remember when I first heard about your encounter with the big boy.
    I wonder where he is now? Do you know?
    Well, there's always one mustang, that first one who stole our hearts and from that point on, there's no going back.
    These pictures of the horses up to their eyeballs in sage make me miss Nevada!
    Isn't it interesting the difference in the behavior of he really wild ones and the McCullough herd in their almost docile ways?
    Still, I wish more attention and protection was shown for our other herds, like the McCullough Peak horses.
    Thanks for being with the band! (You mustang groupie, you)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. He got to me. He was the epitome of wild to me. No idea if he is still out there. I know they did a round up near where he was, so hard to say. As you can see in the photos, the place was crawling with horses, so obviously they need to make for room for the damn cattle.
      I've seen other mustangs before this one, but honestly if anyone wants to know where to do a roundup, I can tell them. We have seen some really stunted, skinny horses in NV that I felt sorry for. Those are the horses I wouldn't pitch too much of a fit over if they did round them up. Very sad little things. Not inspiring like yours horses and my NV horses and the McCullough Peaks horses. They are fat and happy and need to stay right where they are.
      I love NV!! Hoping to drive through the area on the way back from our 2018 trip. At least I am plotting it out that way.
      I agree the behavior of the McCullough Peaks horses and the NV horses was completely different. I didn't get that wild spark much from the McCullough horses. They could have easily been a bunch of range-kept domestic horses the way they acted. But... they are still wild and that's good enough for me. I swear if I lived up there I would be out with them as often as I could. They are so beautiful!
      Yes I am a mustang groupie and proud to be so!
      xx!

      Delete