Sunday, June 19, 2016

My Parachute

“I’m just a traveler on this Earth
Sure as my heart’s behind the pocket of my shirt
I’ll just keep rolling till I’m in the dirt
‘Cause I’m a traveler, oh, I’m a traveler
I couldn’t tell you honey, I don’t know
Where I’m going but I’ve got to go
‘Cause every turn reveals some other road

And I’m a traveler, oh. I’m a traveler”

...Chris Stapleton




It's been a long time since I've found an album I can put on repeat and not change it like for ever & ever.
Thank you Chris!

Fire Away!

Gotta get back to dancing and singing around the kitchen now:-)

4 comments:

  1. :) Have not heard this one but I'm gonna give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well he is definitely from the outlaw country genre mixed in with some soulful blues. I'm a country music nut, but have reached the age where the new country just doesn't grab me. But Chris is a throwback and man can he belt out a song. Great writer as well. I think that's where he got started was writing songs for others. Good thing he decided to make his own album. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will check this outlaw out!
    I like authentic "old" country...and Willie & Hank and Dolly. And Keith urban! Eee!
    And I love Blues music...American Roots series (NPR) Howlin' Wolf, Taj Mahal. That good ol "black blues."
    Are you familiar with Elizabeth Cotten? Oh, you must listen to her!
    And her story is a doozy. My dad turned me on to her. She played guitar upside down! Lol.
    "Goin' down the road feelin' bad, honey babe..." She's BAD, man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man!! Keith Urban! I fell in love with him when his first single came out, By The Grace of God. That was before he got his teeth fixed:-) Love that man and his work. And can he shred a guitar!!
      Never heard of Elizabeth Cotton, but I will check her out. I always say my home is country music, but I love a lot more than country. One of my all time faves is Neil Diamond. OMG I just love his voice. He melts me:-)
      Hope you like Chris! I watched his video for Fire Away and it wasn't at all what I expected. Ended up crying at the end, totally unexpected.
      Have fun!

      Delete