Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Colors Are Life

Colors...


Colors hold a special place in my heart. I love being surrounded by colors. Sometimes I try to pick a favorite. But seriously, how can anyone have one favorite color? Some days my favorite color is blue. Some days it's brown. Other days I couldn't tell you because it's just too much to think about. 




I love putting colors together.






I love watching light play with colors.




Of course there's the colors of the nature...











And now colors can help me idle away the long, hot days of summer. I finally decided to take up coloring again. I found myself staring at a blank canvas, just waiting for me to pick the perfect Arabian costume.




This is kinda fun.




And... Ta Da!!




It's nice to find something to do that allows me to sink into colors and get lost in the process. Be it planting in brightly colored pots or mindless coloring in a book. Colors provide a theraputic surge of happy!


6 comments:

  1. Each and every photo gave me such a sense of happiness and peace. I love your sense of color!
    I also took up coloring earlier this year. It's addicting, isn't it?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very cool! Happy that was your reaction:-)
      I couldn't decide on color pencils or markers, but decided to start with pencils. It was fun. Can't wait to start on my next horse!

      Delete
  2. Oh Boy! You're adult coloring!!
    I love color, too. Turquoise, yellow, hot pink, tangarine...bright! Southwest-y. ;)
    And working on filling in horses must be joyful, harmonious. I can see you smiling!
    I wonder if you wouldn't like "chalk pencils." Then you can smudge the colors around if you want...you know, get dirty.
    Love this, Sheree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's odd how "into it" I get. Like it's touching something deep, like music does.
      I found some chalk pencils on Amazon. They are on their way. You may be on to something. I was kinda frustrated with the lines the pencil was leaving on the horse. And I love getting dirty!

      Thanks for the tip wise one! xx

      Delete
    2. Yer gonna love them!!
      They sound good too...kinda s c r a p I n g along the paper...with a sort of squeak.
      I dunno...you'll get what I'm saying when you use them. ;)
      So YAY.
      And I just cleaned out my art room and found all kinds of inspiration!!!

      Delete
    3. Can't wait to try them out! Hope they don't melt while being delivered:-/
      I started another horse this weekend and did the flowers. Waiting for the new chalk pencils to work on the horse:-)
      Have fun in your art room!

      Delete